Last week, I shared my warmup routine before I hit the ice. After, when the muscles are warm, it’s time to stretch.
- Loosen arms, shoulders and neck rotation.
- Stretch chest, triceps and lats.
- Standing quad stretch (2-part)
- Hamstring stretch (3-part)
- Standing lateral groin stretch
- Forward stride groin stretch
- Groin squat (heels parallel)
- Seated leg cross (opens hips)
- Frog stretch (groin)
- Butterfly groin stretch
- Lateral groin stretch (knee on ground)
Hold each stretch for 30-60 seconds.